NADAguides’ Traffic Growth Fueled By Site Enhancements and
Enlivened Consumer In-Market Activity
COSTA MESA, Calif. – January 12, 2011
· NADAguides, the most comprehensive automotive, classic car, motorcycle, boat and recreation vehicle pricing and information resource online, announces its 2010 Traffic Trend Report – showing an increase in traffic growth across all vehicle types.
· The Automotive section of NADAguides.com experienced more than a 13 percent increase in unique visitors in quarter four of 2010 over the same time period in 2009. The analysts at NADAguides attribute this increase in traffic to a new site design, shopping tools and enhanced content as well as market influences such as new model launches and a returning economy.
· The more than 13 percent growth of consumer traffic within new and used cars on NADAguides.com in the fourth quarter of 2010 was the second largest site section of growth behind Classic Cars. New car sales for 2010 settled in around 11.6 million equating to an 11 percent increase over 2009 and fueling consumer in-market interest for new and used car research on NADAguides.com.
· For the year, NADAguides reported a 10 percent increase in consumer price report requests from the site over 2009 with its greatest increase of 18 percent happening in the fourth quarter of 2010.
· The Classic Cars section on NADAguides.com showed the most significant growth in traffic with a 14 percent increase in unique visitors over 2009 and an increase in classic car value report requests of 21 percent. NADAguides’ analysts attribute this growth to a drop in collectible car pricing in certain segments easing the entry into car collecting for more enthusiasts and the volatility of the collector car market adding to economic pressures. Conversely, certain segments such as highline exotic cars, have been seen as a more sound option compared to other investments.
· The NADAguides Motorcycle and Boat sections also experienced increases in unique visitor growth of seven and two percent, respectively, from 2009 to 2010 with identical increases in motorcycle and boat price report requests. This site growth is contrary to the decrease in overall vehicle sales within these two industries during the same period. Through the third quarter of 2010, motorcycles, including motorcycles and ATV’s, had seen a decrease in sales of more than 15 percent according to the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC). While new boat sales have been dropping since 2006, this industry has seen recent growth according to NADAguides analysts.
· Also seeing growth in 2010 was the NADAguides Recreation Vehicle (RV) site section with an increase of four percent in consumer price report requests. The Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) has also reported recent increases in shipments of RVs from January through October 2010 as compared to the same time period in 2009. This increase, in addition to the increased growth on NADAguides.com, are key indicators that this industry may finally be attempting to right itself.
· Troy Snyder, director of product development at NADAguides: “The website continued its typical year-over-year growth in 2010, but heightened growth was experienced and can be quantitatively attributed to new and enhanced vehicle buying and shopping tools as well as a focus on site content. These enhancements to NADAguides.com provide in-market consumers with the insight needed to make intelligent, clear and confident transactions in the marketplace. Revived consumer market activity and interest also fueled site growth as each of our vehicle segments began to see life return to new model announcements, supply chains and marketplaces.”
About the NADAguides Traffic Trends Report
The Annual NADAguides Traffic Trends Report is an analytical review of millions of consumer behaviors and interest indicators on NADAguides.com for the year. NADAguides’ Traffic Trends Report is an ongoing study, tracking and trending consumer research patterns and purchase intentions within the automotive, classic car, motorcycle, boat and recreation vehicle industries.
NADAguides (http://www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, recreation vehicles, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.
· NADAguides on Twitter
· NADAguides on Facebook
· NADAguides on YouTube
· Automotive – New and used
· Classic car
· Recreation vehicle